In an emergency, dial 999. Ask for police, fire or ambulance.
Only call 999 if...
• A crime is being committed now
• The offender is still there or nearby
• People are injured or in danger.
For less urgent business contact the Police Community Support Officer. The individual responsible for Barcombe changes with time, so to find details of the current post holder (plus contact telephone numbers) see the Hamsey, Barcombe and Newick Local Team.
The Sussex Police website has station opening times, plus other useful information on a wide range of topics.
Medical and Social care
Lewes River Lodge, Ringmer Anchor Field: 0844 387 8281, open 08.30-18.30
Newick Health Centre: 01825 722272, open 08.30-18.30
South Chailey surgery: 01273 892999, reception open 08.30-12,30, 15.30-17.30
For a list of all surgeries in the Lewes area, please visit NHS Choices.
A free, 24hr/365-day telephone service.
Dial 111 if:
- You need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency
- You think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
- You don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
- You need health information or reassurance about what to do next.
If you are worried by your own circumstances or those of others, extensive and very helpful information on social care and health is offered by East Sussex County Council.